Session 1. MOSAIC and wider ELT context
Chair – Chris Evans
- 09:00 – Introductions.
- 09:10 – Latest on the ELT project. Michele Cirasuolo. (Invited talk)
- 09:30 – MOSAIC overview. François Hammer. (Invited talk)
- 09:50 – Overview of MOSAIC design and capabilities. Myriam Rodrigues. (Invited talk)
Coffee break 10:30 – 11:00
Session 2. Wider ELT context and first galaxies
Chair – Oliver Le Fèvre
- 11:00 – Present and future MOS at Paranal. Luca Pasquini. (Invited talk)
- 11:20 – The TAIPAN Galaxy project. Andrew Hopkins. (Invited talk)
- 11:40 – Gemini IRMOS: The scientific and technical pathfinder for AO-fed multi-IFU spectroscopy. Suresh Sivanandam
- 11:55 – Galaxy evolution with MOSAIC. Synergies with JWST GTO planned surveys. Emma Curtis Lake. (Invited talk)
- 12:15 – Surveys of high-z galaxies with MOSAIC. Karen Disseau. (Invited talk)
Lunch 12:35 – 14:00
Session 3. First galaxies and AGN
Chair – Mathieu Puech
- 14:00 – Looking for the first galaxies through lensing clusters. Roser Pello
- 14:15 Population III stars during the Epoch of Reionisation. Eli Visbal
- 14:30 Search for AGN in the reionisation era. Nicolas Laporte.
- 14:50 Discussion
Coffee break 15:20 – 16:00
Session 4. Galaxy evolution I
Chair- Isobel Hook
- 16:00 – Galaxy kinematics at high redshift. Thierry Contini. (Invited talk)
- 16:20 – Spatially resolved stellar kinematics of galaxies at high redshifts. Davor Krajnović.
- 16:35 – VANDELS: ESO public spectroscopic survey of the UDS and CDFS fields Laura Pentericci. (Invited talk)
- 16:55 – LEGA-C public survey. Arjen van der wel. (Invited talk)
Session 5. Galaxy evolution II
Chair – Jesús Gallego.
- 09:30 – Perspectives on galaxy surveys. From VVDS to PFS, JWST and ELT. Oliver Le Fèvre. (Invited talk)
- 09:50 – MOSAIC simulations. Rotation curves & dark matter distributions. Jiangling Wang. (Invited talk)
- 10:10 – The assembly of disk galaxies. From Keck to JWST and MOSAIC. Susan Kassin.
- 10:25 – Survey of dynamical and stellar properties of galaxies at z=1. Bodo Ziegler.
Coffee break 10:40 – 11:10
Session 6. Galaxy evolution III
Chair – Myriam Rodrigues.
- 11:10 – Forming the population of low-mass star-forming galaxies of the Universe. Jesús Gallego. (Invited talk)
- 11:30 – High redshift dwarf galaxies with MOSAIC. Arjan Bik.
- 11:45 – Chemodynamics of z > 1 low mass galaxies. Constraints to models of galatic feedback. Ruben Sanchez-Janssen.
- 12:00 – Quenching or bursting? Physical processes in green valley galaxies and star-formation acceleration. Thiago Gonçalves.
- 12.15 – Learning from the relatives: MEGARA, the new IFU and MOS for the 10.4m GTC. Armando Gil de Paz. (Invited talk)
Lunch 12:30 – 14:00
Session 7. Galaxy evolution and IGM
Chair – Ruben Sanchez-Janssen
- 14:00 – Resolved stellar population properties of massive galaxies up to z ~ 1.5. Adriana Gargiulo.
- 14:15 – Unveiling galaxy cluster accretion processes. Marcella Longhetti.
- 14:30 – IGM studies at high z. Valentina D’Odorico. (Invited talk)
- 14:50 – MOSAIC in the blue. The case of IGM tomography. Jure Japelj. (Invited talk)
- 15:10 – Discussion.
Coffee break 15:40 – 16:00
Session 8. Extragalactic stellar populations
Chair – Maria Bergemann.
- 16:00 – Stellar spectroscopy far beyond the Local Group. Rolf Kudritzki. (Invited talk)
- 16:20 – Integrated light spectroscopy of extragalactic star clusters. Soeren Larsen.
- 16:35 – Star formation and enrichment histories (SFEHs) in nearby galaxies. Jakob Walcher. (Invited talk)
Optional trip: Cathedral and legends guided visit (15 € to be paid at the registration desk)
Session 9. Stellar populations: Galactic
Chair: Beatriz Barbuy
- 09:30 – Setting the scene for a MOSAIC view of the Milky Way bulge. Oscar Gonzalez. (Invited talk)
- 09:55 – Theoretical developments needed for current and future surveys. Maria Bergemann.
- 10:15 – Catching the signature of the first stars in Local Group dwarf galaxies. Stefania Salvadori.
Coffee break 10:30 – 11:00
Session 10. Stellar populations: Galactic II
Chair: Lex Kaper
- 11:00 – Breaking out of the SMC. Miriam Garcia.
- 11:15 – Pushing back the horizon. Increasing the observational limit of massive stars. Oscar Ramírez-Agudelo.
- 11:30 – Stellar tidal streams in the Local volume with MOSAIC. David Martinez Delgado.
- 11.45 – Syergy between MOSAIC, MICADO & MUSE. Resolved stellar population in nearby galaxies. Andreas Kelz.
- 12:00 – Discussion.
Session 11. MOSAIC priorities & Public Survey plans
• 14:00 – Discussion including science priorities for MOSAIC Development path for the instrument Development path for Public Surveys Lessons from current Public Surveys
Optional extra: Visit to UCM in Madrid and historic library